How can breast reduction surgery help you? Your every question is answered
Breast Reduction reduces the size of a woman's breasts. Breast reduction surgery also improves and reshapes your breasts. After the Breast Reduction Surgery, your breasts will be more proportional to the rest of your body.
Breast reduction surgery is a safe outpatient surgery. In surgery, your plastic surgeon removes excess fat, tissue, and skin from the incisions on the underside of both breasts.
Step by Step Guide to Breast Reduction Surgery
After anesthesia, the surgeon makes an incision starting from the pigmented area around the nipple (areola) and continuing to the lower part of your breast. The plastic surgeon will then remove fatty tissue and skin to reduce the size of each breast.
Incision choices involve
• A circular incision pattern around the pigmented area around the nipple (areola)
• A racket-shaped pattern with an incision around the areola and vertically up to the breast crease
• Inverted T or an anchor-shaped incision pattern
After the incision, the nipple is repositioned. If necessary, the nipple is reduced by cutting the surrounding skin. The underlying breast tissue is reduced, lifted, and shaped. Sometimes for large saggy breasts, the nipple and areola may need to be removed and transplanted to a higher position in the breast (free nipple graft).
Incisions are brought together to reshape the now smaller breast. Sutures are placed deep into the breast tissue to form and support the newly formed breasts; Sutures, skin adhesives and / or surgical tape seal the skin.
The results of your surgery are visible immediately. In time, postoperative swelling and incision lines will disappear. As you recover, you will be satisfied with your new image.
The Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction is not about reducing the size of the breasts. This procedure is designed to maintain balance and proportion throughout the body by creating a natural, young, and beautiful upper body profile. It is also the solution for back pain caused by large breasts.
Some of the benefits you may experience with breast reduction are:
• Breasts with a more proportional size and shape to the rest of your body,
• Symmetry between breasts of different size, shape or position on the chest wall,
• Nipples and areolas that have a natural size and position to the rest of the breast,
• Ability to wear a wider variety of clothing styles,
• Increased confidence in your appearance.
Does Breast Reduction Surgery Have Any Side-effects?
Breast reduction surgery is almost painless, takes about 2-3 hours. Like in every cosmetic surgery, there can be temporary side effects. However, as you recover these side effects will disappear.
• Long recovery time.
Breast Reduction Recovery and Outcome
While you will stay at the hospital one day after surgery, you will still need rest and recovery time. Also, your doctor will give you a list of things to follow as you recover. These may;
• Avoid any movement that may cause muscle tension for a few weeks after surgery.
• After the operation, your breasts will be covered with a gauze bandage. Your doctor will inform you to remove the bandages. You have to wait for a week to wear a bra again. At this point, you will be wearing a special soft bra for a few weeks.
• You may experience swelling and pain in the first few days after breast reduction. You can manage the healing process better with pain medication prescribed by your doctor. You may also have symptoms such as numbness, itching, or general fatigue.
• Depending on how quickly you recover, your doctor will tell you when you can return to normal activities such as work, exercise, or driving. While patients usually return to work within a week, more challenging exercises will be restricted for a long time to give your breasts enough opportunity to heal.
• After surgery, your doctor will instruct you to walk at least three times a day to promote healthy blood flow and reduce clotting risk.
Also, don't afraid if the swelling doesn't go away. Check-in with your doctor to make sure you're healing at the right pace.
How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?
You can leave your phone number to us on our website, and the Medco HealthCo team will get in touch with you to draw up a free treatment plan and cost estimate.
Who is the Right Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery?
Large-breasted women often have painful physical symptoms due to the pressure of the weight of their breasts on the neck, shoulders and back. Some women even suffer from constant headaches, poor posture, and herniated discs.
In addition, some women feel self-conscious or have a negative body image due to their breast size. Breast reduction surgery aims to achieve the look you want by addressing both these physical and psychological difficulties.
We strongly recommend that you consult a cosmetic surgeon before deciding on a Breast reduction surgery. If you meet these criteria, you can undergo this procedure:
• You are physically healthy,
• If you have realistic expectations,
• If you do not smoke,
• If you are uncomfortable feeling that your breasts are too big,
• If you have breasts that limit your participation in physical activities,
• If you have back, neck, and shoulder pain due to the weight of your breasts,
• If there are indents on your shoulders from the bra straps,
• If you have skin irritation under the chest fold, you may have this surgery.