|Average length of stay||5 days|
|Length of stay in hospital||1 night|
|Operation duration||1-3 hours|
What is Gynecomastia Surgery and How Does it Work?
Gynecomastia surgery, better known as male breast reduction, is a surgical procedure to correct Gynecomastia, a common condition of increased breast size in men. Gynecomastia surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia. Sometimes, local anesthesia can be used too.
The Gynecomastia operation involves
• Cutting the nipple
• Removing excess fatty tissue with a scalpel or using liposuction to suck fatty tissue out (a combination of both techniques can be used),
• Repositioning the nipples if a lot of tissue needs to be removed,
• You will have medical dressings over your wounds,
• The operation takes about 1.5-3 hours. It would be best if you stayed in the hospital overnight.
The Benefits of Gynecomastia Surgery
So what are the benefits of Liposuction? You can see the list of benefits below;
• The chest of a flat and muscular man,
• Increases the level of self-confidence,
• Male breast reduction surgery is beneficial as it prevents the spinal nerves from rolling and reduces breast size and consequently makes a man's life trouble-free and happy.
Does Gynecomastia Surgery Have Any Side effects?
Gynecomastia surgery is very safe operation. Post-operative serious problems are rare, but as with any surgery, side effects are possible. Possible post-gynecomastia side effects can be:
• Pain after gynecomastia surgery,
• Collection of swelling fluid under the skin,
• Re-growth of breast tissue over time,
Consult with your doctor and your get information of every possible side effects.
Gynecomastia Recovery and Outcome
Directly after your surgery, your chest will be bandaged to protect the surgical area. You will be given a compression garment designed to help control swelling while also supporting your newly contoured chest.
It would be best if you rested at your hotel for the first few days following surgery. Patients generally feel tenderness and stiffness after the procedure. You can manage this discomfort with painkillers that your doctor will prescribe. As you recover, don't sleep on your chest for at least two weeks, don't lift any heavy things, or do any exercise for at least one or two months.
How much does Gynecomastia cost?
You can leave your phone number to us on our website, and the Medco HealthCo team will get in touch with you to draw up a free treatment plan and cost estimate.
Who is the right candidate for Gynecomastia?
We strongly recommend that you consult a cosmetic surgeon before deciding on a Breast Reduction surgery. If you meet these criteria, you can undergo this procedure:
• You have tried alternative medical treatments, but these have proven ineffective in treating your condition.
• If you are self-conscious about your breasts,
• If you feel discomfort because the breast tissue is sensitive and painful,
• you are physically healthy,
• If you have realistic expectations,
• Your breasts are fully developed
• You are not a cigarette or drug user,
• If you can maintain a fixed weight to keep up with your surgery results, it means you are a suitable candidate to have this surgery.